Desired Configuration of Graphic designer’s laptop under 25000
Laptops have become our everyday essential and a basic laptop will cost you around thirty thousand rupees. Well, that’s at least the average of it. You can get laptops with much higher configurations with a budget of above forty thousand rupees but those configurations are only required by the high end developers of different applications.
If you are wishing to be a graphic designer you need not worry about the high end laptops because what you require is killer graphics. Now thankfully, graphically higher configurations of laptops do come under a budget of twenty five thousand rupees.
The desired configuration: –
- RAM: – Random Access Memory is one of the fastest components of a computer system and for a fast graphic designer’s laptop you will need at least four gigabytes of RAM (4 GB). The applications used by a graphic designer are mostly Adobe softwares with Sketch for a mac, and the basic requirement of using these is that the computer should be fast enough to process all of the graphic data that these create.
- Storage : – At least five hundred gigabytes of storage makes it a usable laptop for a graphic designer. The loads of creatives that will be create using different software, will demand a bit more storage than usual. Starting with five hundred gigabytes is a good way to start. While five hundred gigabytes are satisfying enough, you can also choose the one terabyte variant. They cost almost the same but the one terabyte variant is better for heavier data designers. Also, if you are an experienced designer you might want to get the one terabyte variant.
- Processor : – Since we are looking at graphic designers we want our laptops to be graphic efficient. The smallest details should be specifically visible with the colors popping in the right amount. When it comes to processors, there is Intel, which of course you have heard of.but the less known fact of Intel is that they are popular for their battery efficiency and not their graphic ability. So, while buying a graphics designer laptop, you should be looking for AMD processors. They cost less than their Intel variants but are far more graphic efficient.
- Kernel quality: – If you wish to get an Intel processor in this budget, the highest that you can get is upto 7th generation of core i3 processor. People often look for i5 and i7 laptops in this range, but these configurations are not available in this range. If however, you increase your budget upto 30k you will be able to buy these. But in saying that, we must mention, AMD A8/A9/Ryzen 3 processors are far better choices for graphics designer laptops. Intel processors are preferred by developers.
As clearly stated in the list above, these are some of the finest configuration laptops that you can buy in a budget of rupees twenty five thousand. As a graphics designer it is imperative to pay attention to graphics compatible processors. The best suited brand for a graphic designer is AMD, however, Intel i3 and i5 processors work just the same.
But we are looking for high graphics quality. As a graphic designer, it is not very necessary to get high end processors, but going too low on that, might cost you because, in designing and I’m not talking about UI/UX design here, in graphic designing, some of the popular applications that might be used in the laptop are Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Sketch, CorelDraw etc. for beautiful vector illustrations.
These softwares comparatively require less processing speed than running android studio but still require more than the average everyday laptop.
Now, once you have decided on getting yourself a laptop from the list above, let us delve deeper into fortifying the laptop with an insane graphics card so that you can take your graphic game to the next level.
Graphics card for graphic designers: –
- Radeon pro: – Under AMD, the two types of graphics cards are the Radeons for gaming and Radeon pro for the creative design softwares. So if you want a kick ass gaming experience you should go for Radeon while for an over the top graphic design experience, go for Radeon Pro.
- Nvidia: – Under any circumstance, if you are willing to buy a graphics card, most probably it is because you want to game insanely or you want to design cool things. In any list of graphics cards, there is zero percent chance of not finding a Nvidia card. This peak brand’s strategy is to focus mainly on GPU and for that same requirement they had partnered with Intel to satisfy its hardware requirements in the CPU. However, the AMD brand has been at its throat ever since they started working on GPU and CPU for their hardware requirements. With increasing popularity, AMD has successfully hogged a huge part of the market, while only brand enthusiasts prefer going for Intel.
- Asus GeForce GTX 1080: – While looking for a designer’s graphics card, it is more than evident that you will bump into a lot of companies selling exactly the same model numbers. As a rookie, that might be quite intimidating while making a choice. Many companies like Asus, MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte sell the same chipset of Nvidia, but in a different presentation. This helps Nvidia maintain its market priority. These are all based on the same chipset that Nvidia uses for its own graphics cards. These companies have a tie up so as to increase their consumer base.
- Nvidia GTX 680: – Now this is a whole new level of conducting good business. More often than not you will find people looking for higher model numbers to choose from when considering any digital or electronic equipment. This however, does not apply in cases of buying graphics cards. The Nvidia GTX 680 has a faster raw performance than its GTX 760 variant. Now if a layman starts looking for these kind of cards, he might be confused to death and may end up buying the wrong one.
- Quadro M6000: – If you are a designer who mainly works on graphic media using software that include video editing, then going for the Nvidia Quadro M6000 might be your best bet. Consequently, if you prefer using and working on two dimensional graphics design then you might want to buy Quadro K4200 variant. The M6000 variant is super fast in rendering three dimensional graphics but ranks third in the race for two dimensional graphics.
- Quadro K4200: – If you are a full time graphic designer and your livelihood depends on designing good quality videos and moving object oriented stuff, you should highly consider buying yourself a Quadro K4200 graphics card because this baby here knows how to handle three dimensional rendering like an absolute pro! The new Quadro k4200 is the best equipment for YouTubers and other video content creators who are looking for the fastest rendering speed that they can get their hands on. Adobe After effects and motion graphics runs like butter on toast in this designer card. Although it has a tie up with intel regarding its hardware necessities, any company suiting its needs might as well be completely compatible with it.
Having a highly equipped graphics will not add much depth to your work if the rest of the computer is not completely compatible with it. So paying enough attention to these other details is also of paramount importance. Like the kind of display your screen can support is of importance because if you buy a high quality graphics card but end up having lower resolution display screen not having enough video memory needed for that graphics card to work then that can completely ruin the purpose of buying the graphics card.