Renewed or Refurbished Gadgets : How should you select them?
Over the century long debate of buying goods that are refurbished Gadgets or goods that are brand new, there has been no permanent solution. The greatest reason behind that is choices are personalized. If you want to buy something new, you simply have to go for. There is no other choice to any commodity that is brand new.
But over the years, especially in cases of electronic goods we have seen a massive boom in the last ten years. That has maximized the number of technological companies fighting for mass dominance.
What are refurbished goods?
Refurbished Gadgets or items are reusable or recycled electronic products that can be bought under low costs and low warranty such that they can be efficiently fitted into the budgets of all sorts of people. You can have it custom made or a ready made as per your preferences. It is not mandatory to know the details of what goes into the machine but if you want to know there can be absolute transparency. All you need to do is just ask about it to your seller. But if he does not provide you with detailed information, refrain from buying it from that seller. He might be trying to sell you something that contains a different spec altogether. The prime thing while buying refurbished gadgets or electronics goods is that you must be sure of the components you are buying or it should be such that you have a fixed warranty.
We as humans must look forward to use this tech war to our best advantage. And that is exactly where refurbished products come into play. Now, before you start thinking that this is a refurbished promoting article, we’d like you to completely read it before coming to any conclusions.
Since the choice over refurbished or brand new goods is highly subjective, so we think that it’ll be better for you to get to know all the pros and cons before deciding for yourself what you would like to purchase.
Pros of buying refurbished electronic goods: –
The price or cost factor
Buying refurbished goods especially electronics gives you an opportunity of as much as a fifty percent discount which would mean a two hundred percent benefit on your savings. Considering the price point stands an important factor in buying reused electronic goods. Sometimes, due to very tiny manufacturing defects or user defects the users trash the technology not deeming the overall appeal of it.
This is exactly what is intelligently used by resellers. They work on the trashed technology and make some important upgrades and then resell it under the category of refurbished electronic goods. The prime benefit of buying refurbished electronic goods comes from the fact that they are more often than not available for an unbelievable price range. Now as a rule of thumb, the seller might not want to tell you all the specifications that you need to know before buying the refurbished article but it also comes under your duty to gain the knowledge of what you are investing in.
- Double checks: – One of the major advantages of buying refurbished goods over brand new ones is that in a refurbished electronic gadget, you can be sure that it has been at least double checked. Meaning, once the original manufacturer had manufactured it and checked it before the market release. Then it had ended up with the first user. Later on, when the good showed some faults, it was shuttled back to a refurbishing expert who took it out part by part and reshuffled it. Then he tested it once more before releasing in the market. So the same commodity went under evaluation twice before getting released for the refurbished resale.
The chances of encountering faulty systems or androids or defects in general decreases tremendously once you buy it from a refurbished reseller. The odds are about even in this case.
- Dependable: – When the first time refurbished goods were manufactured, it might have had some manufacturing flaws. The first user might have then encountered these flaws and must have trashed it. This then, went back to the same manufacturer or may be some other refurbishing expert and then they treated it of its flaws.
So basically, when you go ahead and purchase a refurbished item from a manufacturer, you get the better product. You can be sure of its performance and reliability. What is more, you can get the same product for half its original price with twice its security. But in case you are thinking of buying it from some third party member, then, it is advised that you get some form of warranty from them.
If you still want to continue using the benefits of technology without the undue burden of polluting the environment every second of your life, refurbished electronics goods are a great choice. You are conserving the natural resources and maintaining the balance of nature and technology that earth deserves.
- Old is gold: – It is advisable to look for such stuff in the list of older versions that are only being sold under the refurbished category. You will have to go for some of the older versions of laptops that still have compact disk drives. None of the newer versions of modern laptops have that facility any longer. Regardless to say, the older version of laptops have less chance of being unknowingly tracked or traced, so if you want to go off the internet for the time being, you should look for older laptops or older versions of electronic goods if you please.
- Economically friendly: – When you buy an electronic refurbished item from a reseller, chances are you are adding to his inventory instead of adding it to a company’s inventory. There happens to be so many small businessmen who want to conduct business but somehow people always tend to buy things from branded showrooms. These hamper the small scale business people. So buying economically refurbished goods adds to the inventory of the needy. So, in a way, you are helping recycle the money.
- Known defects: – if you have bought a gadget and are waiting for its flaws to show up then this thing won’t be happening with refurbished gadgets. Buying refurbished gadgets comes with the possibility of you knowing its flaws and defects and getting it treated by an expert refurbishing technician so that you don’t have to face further problems.
Now that you know about the advantages of buying refurbished electronic goods, we think it’s time to get you accustomed to the cons or disadvantages of getting yourself a pair of refurbished goods.
- Warranty: – a lot can change about a product if its warranty remains unspecified. Refurbished electronic goods come with a lot of advantages but the single major disadvantage covers all its advantages in a single sweep. Granted it comes in half the price, granted it has been double checked but even if so, the customer loses some of its valuable data while working on the device it won’t be looking quite good for the seller or the reseller. Resellers who have been reselling products for quite a while now can give the guarantee of selling better products than others but will not warranty the product. Considering this, it gets pretty disadvantageous. Say, you are working on the device and it suddenly stops working. What can you do? You cannot charge the seller then because they have not given you any sort of guarantee in the first place.
- Unsure longevity: – when you buy a new electronic device, you can be sure of its life span and you know which seller to blame in case it does not go the distance. But in cases of refurbished goods you do not know it might stop working and stop working for good. Some of the refurbished products might last as long as a couple of years whereas some of them might go to the trash can in a matter of a few months. Getting a suitable warranty from your seller is the perfect option for buying any form of refurbished electronic goods. The warranty level comes in a range of three months up to a year at most but at times it also dips below a hundred days. Depending on the amount you are investing for the product you can stand a chance to increase the warranty of the product by asking your seller for a couple of more days for a bit more cost.
- Unsure of what’s inside it: – If you are a technology geek and like knowing what goes inside the device you can just order a custom made refurbished product from your seller. But if you do not seem to understand the hardware of it then you might as well stay away from the list of refurbished goods as whatever the seller sells you will turn out to be your gospel. Since you do not understand the internal hardware things that your device must have the seller gets an edge over your knowledge and might as well give you a faulty piece. So to avoid all of that we would advise you to go for branded new deals if you lack the knowledge of electronic hardware, so that you can buy something and use it without having to worry about the individual components of the machine.
All in all, by far the advantages of buying refurbished goods have surpassed the disadvantages and so it is highly recommended that you go and get yourself one. But since it is a used material, the decisions tend to be highly subjective. Yet if you have a low budget and want high features to accommodate inside that budget, then buying refurbished gadgets or laptops can be a good choice but it all boils down to your technological preference in the end.
Choices of buying such types of electronic goods are highly personal so if you do not like the kind of products the refurbished seller offers they you can surely opt for the branded versions of the same product but just in case you want to play it smart and are looking for some article to invest your money in which will give you enough benefit out of its cost then, going for refurbished electronics goods is the choice that will save your boat from sinking.
So these are the advantages and disadvantages of buying refurbished gadgets or recycled goods that are electronic. Now you know what to choose, the ball is in your court.