Things you should know before buying a gaming PC
So you are a newbie gamer and are looking for all sorts of technology gimmicks that will lend you the best gaming Computer performance ever right?
Well, many websites might tell you what are the key components that you need while buying a gaming PC but what if someone told you all the hacks that you need to know to build your own gaming Computer or PC.
Gaming PCs come at a good price. So if you are a gaming freak and are thinking about going at a professional level with the idea then hold on. This stuff needs years and years of dedicated practice and you do not need highly costly gaming consoles or high powered personal computers just yet.
How about we talk about ten coolest tips that you need to configure your own gaming PC and using which you can alternatively go to a brand new shop and ask for the components listed here so that you can get yourself a blazing gaming gaming experience.
Read on to find out all you need to know about buying gaming PCs so that you can effectively build one in case they are not able to show you the kind of specifications you are looking for. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Back to the basics: – If you want a kicking brilliant gaming experience, you better focus on the basics of your computer. CPU and CPU cooler, RAM, Graphics Processing Unit, HDD or SDD and of course the Peripherals which comprise of your gaming keyboard and mouse. The basics of the computer including the hard disk drive, the motherboard, the random access memory and also the cache memory are tremendously important factors while buying a good gaming personal computer.
- CPU and Socket: – for a seamless lag free gaming computer your CPU and the motherboard socket must be in close compatibility. You will have to pay close attention to such details as these are the small details that are often neglected by different newbie gamers which then end up in them having a lagging gaming experience. Not having the correct form of CPU can limit the use of the memory of the machine and thereby slow the performance of the game. Slower performance in the game might also trigger frame shifts which seem very displeasing to the eye.
- Need for Speed: – These days many new AMD and Intel Central Processing Units are being launched into the market for seamlessly fast working computers and this can be used to our advantage.These high speed processors work on DDR4 memory. The higher the memory associated the higher is the output speed. The DDR4 memory assists the motherboard to a great extent enhancing the processing speed of the gameplay. When you are playing the game, the initial amount of data is getting stored as the cache memory. The cache memory stands somewhere between the random access memory and the story drive so having a higher amount of cache memory is extremely beneficial for the speed of the machine. Before looking into the storage of the RAM the computer processor searches inside the stored cache data, as retrieving something from the cache memory is far more easy and fast paced as compared to retrieving something from the hard disk drive or the random access memory.
- Pasting the right amount: – While working on building a great gaming PC or buying it, it is imperative to pay enough attention in the pasting around the socket. If you see a pea sized amount being applied, then understand that it is the ideal pasting. While a significant more amount of it might not hurt but it has the probability of creating a huge mess all around it. By now you must be thinking what is the use of paste in a computer? Well, to answer that question, a paste removes a significant amount of heat from the gaming computer and in addition to the central processing unit cooler using a paste to keep the surroundings cool, helps enhance the overall gaming experience.
- Focus on the RAM: – Focussing on the Random Access Memory can be a pretty good thing while buying a great gaming PC. the reason is that having a big and powerful RAM anything above 4 GigaBytes can be used to play larger more impacting computer games. If you want to get more clarity and speed during the gaming experience try getting a RAM which is at least of 8 GigaBytes. The more the amount of gigabytes inside the RAM, the more seamless and fats your game display will be. The random access memory works in close relation with the processor of the computer.
- 80 plus power supply: – It is equally important to get an 80 plus power supply so that your computer while drawing up too much power won’t get the shock of the lifetime. 80 plus bronze, silver, gold, platinum and titanium can be installed if you want. If you wish to go really professional with this gaming setup then you might also require special power cables so that the computer accessories do not get fried up when too much power is drawn from the electricity boards.
- Processor and motherboard: – The processor is the brain of the computer and without a sharp brain performing multiple tasks together can be really painful as the machine is bound to lag every single time you execute more than two applications. And if these are games and the browser then god forbid! Unless you want your computer and the whole gaming setup to go up in flames, please pay enough attention to the kind of processor you are going to use.
Motherboards are another major important aspects of a computer especially so when its a gaming personal computer. The motherboard and the processor work in close relation to one another so that puts forward the requirement of making them both compatible to one another.
- Memory: – most gaming experts agree with having a good backup of at least 16 gigabytes is a good start. Most kinds of computer games can be seamlessly operated when you have a memory back up of around 16 gbs. If you are under a budget, then aim to buy something in the range of 8 to 12 gbs, as this range is safe and supports most of the computer games that you want to play. Instead of using a single set of 16b gb, using two 8 gigabytes sticks of random access memory will be very beneficial. The maximum RAM can go is in the range of 8gbs. So you would like to make a combination of them if you like more speed inside your game play.
- Casing: – While looking for a gaming personal computer always get a metal case instead of buying a cheap quality plastic case. Buying a plastic cabinet can also turn out to be restrictive as the number of hours that you spend playing the games will be numbered. Plastic has no capability to absorb intense gaming heat which is of prime importance to any gamer. Buying a metal not only saves the machine from getting extremely heated but it also prevents it from having less space inside the cabinet. Make sure you have a lot of space for your current gaming components and enough space left for future replacements or additions inside the cabinet.
- Graphics card: – investing in a good quality graphics card can take your gaming to a whole new level. Not only does it provide a massive visual appeal but also fastens up the working of the game to a certain level. Original registered graphics can lead your game far ahead than the new gamers. With a detailed personal computer equipped for all sorts of games, you are bound to be way ahead of the gaming association. A good graphics card might cost you something around 4000-12000 INR. But cheaper options are also available.
Now that you know the rules of getting yourself a gaming personal computer, chances are you will not be making huge mistakes with it. Just keep an eye out for you are buying for the machine. To build a great gaming personal computer you for one thing do not need to indulge yourself in so much high price components as they only play certain parts of the system. Instead what you should try doing is to get the knowledge about each of the key components that make up the gaming personal computer and try investing in them over time.
A gaming personal computer if bought ready made is not worth all the money. Instead if you assemble each part of the machine one by one, you will have a deeper knowledge of what went into the making of the machine and will be able to perfectly gauge the lengths upto which it can be used. This will enhance the overall gaming experience.
What are peripherals?
Gaming peripheral accessories can play a huge role in gaming personal computers. Not only do the internal components of the computer matter while playing a game but the kind of audio output that you want to get and also the visual sensations that are great for the visual effects are key features while buying a gaming personal computer.
Gaming peripherals comprise of the kind of mouse and keyboard accessories you want to use while playing high octane games on your personal computer. If you are new to gaming and want to know about what to choose from a set of accessories, then, keep on reading.
- Mouse: – using ordinary mouse as a source of playing games on a gaming computer can be an absolute nightmare. The more you will click on it, the faster it will degrade and in such situations you might face serious troubles in the game. You might end up dead inside the game if your mouse acts up and you seem to miss shots at the enemy.
- Keyboard: – while playing any sort of highly enduring game, you might hit the keys of the keyboard harder than they are designed to endure, and that might break some of the keys. To avoid such situations buy gaming keyboards. The facility of a gaming keyboard over any other ordinary keyboard is that gaming keyboards have a lot more easy approachable keys that help the player while gaming. Moreover, the keys and the board as a whole are built in such a way that they can withstand harsh blows from the gamer.
- Audio phone: – to take playing games to the next level, you can try using audio phones or headphones especially designed for the purpose of gaming. These are built in such a way that these deliver the slightest of the noise impulses from the game so that you can hear every footstep taken by your enemy.
- Wireless module: – though most new personal computers have it pre-installed in them but if for some reason you are revamping your old set up into a gaming setup, then, buy yourself a wireless fidelity (Wi-fi) module to ease the process of connecting and disconnecting the internet. Using the internet through cables can be quite painstaking, so buying a Wi-fi module will ease up this process.
- Black screen: – if you are about to begin your gaming career and want to experience it all without inflicting tremendous damage to your eyes then you can try buying a black screen. The black screen is a dark colored screen that protects the gamer’s eyes from the constant rays of the machine and this prevents a lot of damage.
Buying accessories for the peripheral components of the computer will further take your gaming experience to the next level. Happy gaming gamers!