Top 10 Ways To Keep Your PC Healthy
So you’re a gamer and are having a blast playing your favourite game but you get a heat shock once you accidentally touch it with your hand. That has made you less efficient in investing time in gaming. Today we are going to go over some of the quickest and easiest things that you can do to protect or keep your gaming pc healthy from overheating and consequently focus more on your gaming performance.
To increase the productivity of gaming you might incorporate a lot of external hardware that will boost your game play, but what does not cross your mind is, taking care of these external hardware is of paramount importance. All these hardwares are fitted into the electronic labyrinth known as central processing unit or CPU. so these incur the chance of getting dirty and heat up in the blink of an eye. That is why we preach cleaning the internals of the CPU once a month such that the internals are dirt free, which would enhance your gaming experience every single day.
The rules to a healthy PC for a top notch gamer: –
- Airy pc is a healthy pc: – Air absorbs a lot of heat from your personal computer so if you have located your central processing unit in a separate hidden cabinet, then, it might be easy to just give it some room to breathe. Exposing the cabinet of the CPU to cool air might absorb the larger part of the heat that is produce during gaming.
- Position the PC: – The position of the personal computer highly marks how hot it will get while running heavy programs. The games we play on a computer are top notch softwares that require a lot more than just your skills. These games require an immense amount of hardware and software communication wherein each hardware circuitry works towards achieving the best experience for you. Now this sounds pretty interesting right? Well, it is but the main drawback of this is that this produces a lot of heating. So positioning your computer away from vents and placing it in front of a window will help keep it better and cooler in the long run.
- Case closed: – You might have heard or even seen people keeping the case or the cabinet of the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT open that is using the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT without the cabinet on. Now, this is an urban legend. And it might seem pretty logical to do so as the air gets circulated throughout the components of the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT but there is a huge catch to it. Based on our previous point, an airy pc is a healthy but only when the lid is on. On saying this, we mean that the computer has to go through a lot of dirt and dust on a daily basis. This might temporarily solve the heating problem but exposes your machine for much severe disasters in the long run. So, its best to avoid running the machine while the cabinet lid is off.
- Keep it dirt free: – Another very overlooked idea about keeping the computer cool or cooling the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT in particular can be done by regular dusting. If you are too busy to dust it regularly, you can at least attempt cleaning all the dirt once a month. This will create a tremendous difference in the heat being produce and absorb. The dirt and animal hair that clogs the fan’s rotor inside the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT fan brings down the efficiency of the cooling.
- Upgrade the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT (CPU) fan: – Investing in a good quality CPU fan can be a life saviour. Currently your central processing unit has a basic fan that does the job of cooling the cabinet and its surrounding if and when you run a light weight software. The cooling it does, helps is maintaining the optimum temperature just to keep the machine parts from burning up in smoke. Get your hands on a high quality CPU fan from your local electronics retailer so that you can boost the performance of your game. Games are heavy weight software that require more cooling while running.
- Memory fans: – Now, memory is that part of the computer that gets to work the moment you switch the machine on and keeps working till you switch it back off. Installing a memory fan always helps the memory units to cool down faster because that’s what actually matters in the fast pace of the gaming world. Before you install other fan components always care to predict whether you need a memory fan because this is what ultimately creates the difference.
- Case fans and cooling pads: – Another pretty handy and efficient way to ensure the removal of hot air out of the CPU is by using case fans. These are mini fans that can be attach both in and out of the CPU thus ensuring the removal of hot air from the inside and entry of cool air from the outside. This regular flow of air in and out of the system will absorb enough heat that gets generated during heavy weight gaming. Using a CPU case fan or maybe even two, can greatly boost the gaming performance thereby causing less damage to the high quality graphics card you are using. If you are a gamer who uses a laptop and external USB devices to play then you might consider buying a cooling pad to ensure that there is no heating problem with your device.
- Do not overclock: – If you are someone who is pretty unfamiliar with the word, then, that’s alright. You don’t do it so you do not need to bother about it.
But for those of you who are slyly smiling right now, yes you there, please for heaven’s sake, stop doing it. You are only damaging the internal components of the system that is going to cost a lot of bucks when you see the damage caused in the long run. Using the computer system to its maximum potential is okay but when it pushes out to more than the required, it triggers the reserve systems. You may not notice any inconveniences right away but in time, the damage cause is irreparable.
- The CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT (CPU) fan: – When we talk about cooling the CPU we often neglect the CPU fan. If you have already installed one or more case fans for your CPU then that’s alright. But if your CPU fan has stopped working and in addition to that you have not installed one or more case fans then boy, you are done for! The CPU is the only built in asset that reduces the amount of heat reaching the internals of the computer and if your CPU fan is not working properly, due to accumulated dust or maybe pet hair, or if it has broken down due to fried circuitry, then get yourself a mechanic and do away with this problem at once.
- Water cooling kit: – In a top notch gaming computer, the heat produced could boil a chicken breast so, they use a water cooler kit inside the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT such that this water is circulated around the electrical devices in the machine and they absorb most of the heat produced. This hot water is then circulated out of it while fresh cool water takes its place. Now, water inside a computer might not feel very safe, but buying a good quality water cooler kit will ensure absolutely no spillage and also do a great job at keeping the machine cool.
- If gaming is your livelihood, install a phase changer: – If you are not a noob gamer, and your livelihood depends on your performance, you require the coolest form of a personal computer. Phase changer also known as refrigerator for personal computer. They change the phase of the current inflow and thereby cause less and less heating problem so that you can have an icy cool gaming experience.
So these are our tips and hacks that can take your gaming to the next level. These are long term investments that you might want to consider making if you are a habitual or even a professional gamer. Keeping the machine ice cold will ensure you have the highest out of your gaming performance which will in turn boost the intense action and rush you feel while playing your favourite game.